Email Monika Matracka has been found guilty of the manslaughter of Michal Rejmer WhatsApp Print First Irish death from Coronavirus Walk in Covid testing available in Limerick from Saturday 10th April Advertisement RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR Murder accused Monika MatrackaTHE Director of Public Prosecutions has been urged to provide Limerick District Court with the directions in the case of a woman accused of the murder of a Polish man in Castletroy on New Year’s Eve last.Monika Matracka (34) with an address at The Pines, Briarfield, Castletroy is charged with murdering with allegedly killing the popular Polish long-distance runner Michal Rejmer at the house they shared on a date between December 30 and 31 last year.Last week at Limerick District Court, Judge Mary Larkin heard that the the case had its difficulties and that the file was complicatedSign up for the weekly Limerick Post newsletter Sign Up Sgt John Moloney told the court that the file had yet to be transmitted to the DPP therefore the directions were not yet available.The court heard from defence solicitor Ted McCarthy that providing an alternative permanent address for the accused was proving difficult and this was in turn impacting on the 34-year-old’s ability to apply for bail.He urged the State to act as expeditiously as possible.Judge Mary Larkin said it was a very serious matter and directions should be obtained as soon as possible and remanded the accused in custody to April 5 [email protected] NewsPolish murder accused remanded in custodyBy Staff Reporter – March 14, 2016 763 Twitter TAGSfeaturedGardaíLimerick District CourtLimerick murderMichal RejmerMonika MatrackaRadom Previous article#video Micky Mean – ‘My Return’Next articleLimerick goes green for St Patrick’s Festival Staff Reporterhttp://www.limerickpost.ie Shannondoc operating but only by appointment Surgeries and clinic cancellations extended No vaccines in Limerick yet Man due in court in connection with Limerick house fire Linkedin Facebook
Slaven Vlasic/Getty Images(NEW YORK) — Celebrity chef, longtime television personality and storyteller Anthony Bourdain has died in an apparent suicide, according to CNN. He was 61.CNN confirmed his death in a statement posted to Twitter on Friday.“It is with extraordinary sadness we can confirm the death of our friend and colleague, Anthony Bourdain,” the network said. “His love of great adventure, new friends, fine food and drink and the remarkable stories of the world made him a unique storyteller. His talents never ceased to amaze us and we will miss him very much. Our thoughts and prayers are with his daughter and family at this incredibly difficult time.”CNN has aired Bourdain’s show “Parts Unknown,” which featured cuisines and stories from around the world.This is a developing story. Please check back for updates.Copyright © 2018, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.
View post tag: chief View post tag: News by topic Share this article November 4, 2011 USA: Master Chief Petty Officer of Navy Visits Everett Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy (MCPON) Rick D. West visited Naval Station Everett to speak with Sailors of the Abraham Lincoln Carrier Strike Group, Naval Station Everett Sailors and civilians during an all hands call in the ship’s hangar bay, Nov. 3.West spoke to Sailors about changes in the Navy such as budgeting, warfare pins, retirements and manpower in the Navy. Afterwards, he answered questions from the audience.“We are a Navy on the go,” said West. “Overall, we are doing well but the Navy is constantly changing and we need to stay focused, communicate with each other and keep moving.”In his remarks, he also recognized the dedication of the Sailors and support from their families by thanking them for their service and appreciation for their sacrifices.“Nothing would get done if it wasn’t for the hard work of the Sailors on this great warship,” said West. “All those ships out there are just hunks of metal and technology floating in the sea. The engine that truly runs the Navy is you, our Sailors.”Personnel Specialist 1st Class Kathryn Benjamin met and spoke with West and said he brought inspiration to the ship.“It was really nice to have a senior enlisted leader speak to us so we can relate,” said Benjamin. “He is a good person and an even better role model that brought motivation to the crew before the upcoming deployment.”[mappress]Source: navy, November 04, 2011 Back to overview,Home naval-today USA: Master Chief Petty Officer of Navy Visits Everett Training & Education View post tag: Everett View post tag: Petty View post tag: Master View post tag: Naval View post tag: Officer View post tag: visits View post tag: Navy
Biadog wascaught after he sold a sachet suspected shabu to an undercover officer for P500around 8:58 p.m. on March 11, a police report showed. BACOLOD City –Police arrested a drug suspect in a buy-bust operation in Barangay Zone 12,Talisay City, Negros Occidental. He wasidentified as Ruskin Biadog, 37, a resident of the village, police said. When frisked,Biadog yielded nine more sachets of suspected illegal drugs valued at aroundP9,000. The suspect wasdetained in the lockup cell of the Talisay City police station. Chargesfor violation of Republic Act 9165, or the Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act of2002 will be filed against him./PN
(REUTERS) – Chelsea’s plans for a new 60 000-capacity stadium at their historic Stamford Bridge home have been approved by Mayor of London Sadiq Khan.Khan said in a statement yesterday that he was confident the £500 million redevelopment would produce “a jewel in London’s sporting crown” and attract visitors and fans from around the world.“I’m satisfied this is a high-quality and spectacular design which will significantly increase capacity within the existing site, as well as ensuring fans can have easy access from nearby transport connections,” he added.Planning permission was granted by the local council in January but it was subject to the mayor’s approval.Premier League leaders Chelsea said Khan’s decision was a significant step towards the new stadium, which currently has a capacity of 41 600, but some hurdles remained.“Further steps lie ahead, both during and after the planning process, before construction work can commence,” Chelsea said on the club website (www.chelseafc.com).The new stadium has been designed by Swiss-based architects Herzog and de Meuron, whose other works include Bayern Munich’s 75 000-seat Allianz Arena and Beijing’s ‘Birds Nest’ Olympic Stadium.The current ground dates back to 1877 and has been home to the west London club since 1905.Chelsea’s three main London rivals either have or are building larger stadiums than their previous homes.Arsenal play at the 60 000 capacity Emirates Stadium, Tottenham Hotspur are building a new White Hart Lane ground with a similar capacity and West Ham United now play in the London Stadium, built for the 2012 Olympic Games.
“This unbeaten record has not only been achieved this season, but also last year under (former coach) Luis Enrique,” said Barca coach Valverde.“It’s a shared record, because it crossed over between seasons. It has been quite difficult, because of the fact it’s an old record that hasn’t been broken for a long time.”Valverde named a strong side despite having a Champions League quarter-final, second leg on Tuesday at Roma, with Messi, Luis Suarez and Philippe Coutinho all starting.Suarez passed up two good early chances to put Barca ahead, prodding wide and then seeing visiting goalkeeper Ivan Cuellar deny him with an excellent save. But the hosts moved in front in the 27th minute through a trademark Messi free-kick.The Argentinian stepped up and curled the ball over the ball and into the bottom corner from 25 yards out to score his 27th league goal of the season.It didn’t take the 30-year-old long to double his tally for the day, latching onto Coutinho’s through ball and firing low into the corner. Madrid, Spain | AFP | Barcelona equalled the record longest unbeaten run in La Liga history as a Lionel Messi hat-trick inspired the runaway leaders to a 3-1 win over Leganes on Saturday to make it 38 league games unbeaten.The Catalan giants will look to break the record that Real Sociedad set in 1979-80 when they host Valencia next weekend, with Ernesto Valverde’s side now just seven matches from becoming the first La Liga side to go through a campaign without tasting defeat.Messi was the star of the show at the Camp Nou with a magnificent treble, as Barca stretched their lead at the top to 12 points ahead of second-placed Atletico Madrid’s derby against Real Madrid on Sunday. Barcelona eased off in the second half, perhaps with the midweek clash at the Stadio Olimpico on their minds, and Leganes hit back midway through the second half.Former Liverpool winger Nabil El Zhar cut inside and fired into the bottom corner from the edge of the box despite slipping as he shot.But the home side finished off the match as a contest late on with Messi completing his third hat-trick of the season in style.Share on: WhatsApp Pages: 1 2
[vemba-video … CLICK HERE if you are having a problem viewing the photos on a mobile deviceOAKLAND — The main topic of conversation following the Warriors’ 104-100 Game 1 win over the Rockets Sunday isn’t Golden State’s gutsy effort on short rest.It isn’t Kevin Durant’s dominant offensive run — he scored 35 points Sunday and is averaging 40 per game over his last five — either.No, the conversation is all about the referees.
Share with your Friends:More SharePrint RelatedYou’re Part of the CITO EquationMarch 17, 2014In “Cache In Trash Out”Get Your CITO On this Weekend!April 20, 2014In “Cache In Trash Out”Sortez des sentiers battus : 10 idées originales pour votre CITOMarch 4, 2019In “Français”
Indian Television shows oscillate between content driven shows that mirror our society to those that help create a new narrative to ones that perpetuate old mind-sets. Enough has been written about ‘Saas-Bahu drama’ shows that are responsible for strengthening archaic mind-sets. But all is not lost. There are some shows that have in fact helped in changing mind-sets while being entertaining. Here are four top Indian TV shows that inspired change through powerful stories. Also Read – An income drop can harm brainUdaan: Based on the true story of IPS Officer Kanchan Choudhary Bhattacharya, Udaan is one of the first Indian TV shows aired in the late 80s and early 90s that focused on women’s empowerment. The show narrates the tale of a young girl named Kalyani Singh who becomes an IPS officer while battling gender discrimination at every level. The show came at a time when it was uncommon to see women in uniform and acted as a catalyst for many to follow their dreams. Also Read – Shallu Jindal honoured with Mahatma AwardRajani: Aired in 1994 on national broadcaster Doordarshan, Rajani became the face of every Indian housewife as well as the voice for her problems. The lead character Rajani portrayed the day to day problems of housewives and the ingenious solutions she found to survive them. Rajani became a household name and gave homemakers a new sense of empowerment. Shaanti: Ek Aurat Ki Kahaani: Shaanti, portrayed by Mandira Bedi, narrates the fight for justice by a mother-daughter duo after the daughter is raped by two influential and wealthy brothers hailing from the film industry. Despite being a victim, Shaanti showed how women can fight battles single-handed and win. Main Kuch Bhi Kar Sakti Hoon: Reflecting the mandate of national broadcaster Doordarshan to educate and empower, the show revolves around the journey of Dr Sneha Mathur, a young doctor, who leaves behind her lucrative career in Mumbai and decides to work in her village Pratappur. The show tackles deep-set social norms and difficult issues like sex selective practices, sexual and reproductive health of young people with utmost sensitivity.