NewsHealthPoliticsHospital extension delay leads to call for changes in planning processBy Staff Reporter – September 10, 2018 1189 Twitter Facebook WhatsApp Previous articleWATCH: Awful first half costs Munster as Glasgow claim Pro14 winNext articleLimerick Lifestyle with Olivia O’Sullivan – Girls day out with a difference Staff Reporterhttp://www.limerickpost.ie RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR Print Linkedin Advertisement Deputy Joe Carey who is calling for a change in the planning process for major public service projects.Photo: Yvonne VaughanA CALL to have planning applications for major public service projects bypass local authorities and be dealt with directly by An Bord Pleanala has been made after it emerged that a €14million extension to University Hospital Limerick (UHL) will be delayed because of a planning appeal lodged by a local resident.Clare TD Joe Carey has written to Planning Minister Damien English asking that public service developments should not be delayed or jeopardised by individual objections to planning permission granted by local councils.Sign up for the weekly Limerick Post newsletter Sign Up He explained that construction on the 60-bed unit which was being provided to reduce overcrowding at UHL will be delayed by an appeal made by Joe McNamara of Woodlawn Drive, Dooradoyle to An Bord Pleanala against last month’s decision by Limerick City and County Council to grant planning approval to the development.Mr McNamara’s appeal will delay the final grant of permission for up to six months or prevent it from proceeding altogether.Deputy Carey explained that the emergency department at UHL, which serves Limerick, Clare and North Tipperary, is the most consistently overcrowded in the country with 969 patients on hospital trolleys last month, which was the highest number in the country.He said that while he had no wish to deprive people of their right to appeal against planning decisions, giving An Bord Pleanala the right to deal directly with applications for major public service projects would streamline the process and allow people have their views considered without compromising the public interest.“Management at UHL say that the 60 single patient en-suite rooms would help to improve patient comfort, safety, privacy and dignity and assist with the management of infection control in the hospital. The new rooms would also increase bed capacity and improve patient flow across the hospital,” Deputy Carey explained.In his appeal, Mr McNamara stated that it was inappropriate to seek planning permission for a building and car-parks of this scale without a landscaping plan that would help alleviate the negative effects on the residential amenity.He explained that 11 major projects were carried out in the hospital over the past eight years and this represented a massive intensification of use of a facility in the middle of a residential district. He added that a master plan should be submitted to enable the assessment of how the block fits in with proposed and past developments on the site. Limerick on Covid watch list TAGShealthLimerick City and CountyNewspolitics Limerick Post Show | Careers & Health Sciences Event for TY Students Housing 37 Compulsory Purchase Orders issued as council takes action on derelict sites Email TechPost | Episode 9 | Pay with Google, WAZE – the new Google Maps? and Speak don’t Type! Shannon Airport braced for a devastating blow Local backlash over Aer Lingus threat
The multi-rate flow testing of the Dorado field located offshore Western Australia showed that the Baxter reservoir has excellent productivity and fluid quality Image: The multi-rate flow testing of the Dorado field showed that the Baxter reservoir has excellent productivity and fluid quality, said Santos. Photo: courtesy of C Morrison from Pixabay. Santos and its partner Carnarvon Petroleum claimed that the Baxter flow test in the Dorado-3 well in the Dorado field offshore Australia has exceeded expectations.The multi-rate flow testing of the Dorado field, contained in the WA-437-P permit, and located in the Bedout Basin, revealed that the Baxter gas and condensate reservoir has excellent productivity and fluid quality, said Santos.The Baxter formation flow test, which has been completed, is the first of two planned for the offshore Australian field. The partners plan to carry out testing of the primary Caley oil reservoir in the coming weeks.According to Santos, the initial clean-up test over the Baxter oil and gas reservoir was carried out over a twelve-hour period and the flow rate reached a maximum rate of nearly 48 million standard cubic feet per day of gas and 4,500 barrels per day of associated condensate via a 60/64inch choke.The well test was performed over a 7.4m net interval between 4,136-4,156m measured depth and had achieved with 150psi of drawdown.The Dorado-3 appraisal well was drilled up to a total measured depth of 4,643m with the Noble Tom Prosser, a jack-up mobile offshore drilling unit, in a water depth of 95m.Santos said that once operations are wrapped up, the appraisal well will be plugged and abandoned, which marks the conclusion of this year’s offshore drilling programme for the company.In June 2019, Santos and Carnarvon Petroleum announced that the drilling of the Dorado-2 appraisal well confirmed the pre-drill expectations of the Dorado discovery, which was made in July 2018.Santos CEO comments on the update on Dorado fieldSantos managing director and CEO Kevin Gallagher said: “The flow rate in the Baxter confirms our interpretation of a high quality reservoir with excellent productivity and condensate-rich gas with low levels of impurities.”“This result further increases our confidence in our ability to commercialise the significant condensate resources in the Dorado field.”“We look forward to the results from the planned test of the Caley oil reservoir, which should close out the Dorado appraisal program and allow us to work towards a Final Investment Decision on the project, which is now one of the most exciting growth projects across the Santos portfolio.”Santos is the operator of the WA-437-P permit with 80% stake with the remaining 20% stake held by Carnarvon.
254 Views no discussions Share KINGSTOWN, St Vincent (CMC) — St Vincent and the Grenadines has become the latest Caribbean Community (CARICOM) country to record its first case of the mosquito-borne Zika virus.Health Minister Luke Browne told Parliament on Tuesday night that the authorities had received confirmation of the case from the Trinidad-based Caribbean Regional Public Health Agency (CARPHA) and that the unidentified person has since fully recovered.The health minister urged citizens to take steps to protect themselves again Zika and other mosquito-borne illnesses and to eliminate places where the insect can breed.Zika is a viral disease characterised by fever, rash and body aches. It is one virus of the viral family that includes Yellow Fever, West Nile, Chikungunya and Dengue.But, unlike some of those viruses, there is no vaccine to prevent Zika, nor is there medicine to treat the infection.Zika is commanding worldwide attention because of an increased incidence of microcephaly – a birth defect where a baby’s head is smaller than expected when compared to babies of the same sex and age- in regions with increased Zika infection.Apart from St Vincent and the Grenadines, Jamaica, Barbados, Trinidad and Tobago, Guyana and Suriname are among CARICOM countries where the virus has been detected. Share Tweet Share HealthLifestyleNewsRegional St Vincent records first case of Zika virus by: Caribbean Media Corporation – February 24, 2016 Sharing is caring!