South Florida leads the state in coronavirus cases.Broward County has a total of 80 confirmed cases, Miami-Dade County has a total of 76 confirmed cases, and Palm Beach County has a total of 19 confirmed cases.The information has been compiled on the state’s new COVID-19 dashboard intended to keep “Florida residents and visitors safe, informed and aware about the state of the virus.” Officials say they will update the dashboard twice a day.
With the number of positive COVID-19 cases in South Florida on the decline, the region could start moving to phase 2 of Gov. Ron DeSantis’ reopening plan within a short time.That’s the word from the governor, who dropped the hints during a roundtable discussion on Wednesday.He is speaking with officials from Palm Beach, Broward and Miami-Dade counties about removing some of the restrictions that have remained in place here since the other 64 counties in the state moved to phase 2 earlier in the summer.However, DeSantis also cautioned, “I’m not saying I’m going to do it today or we’re gonna do it tomorrow. … [But] these are sustained trends at this point and I think that that’s a good thing.”Phase 2 allows restaurants to continue opening with 50 percent of their indoor capacity, while allowing for full seating outdoors, with social distancing in place. At that point, restaurants would also be able to use their bar-top seating.WATCH LIVE: #COVID19 mental health roundtable at @AdventHealth. https://t.co/vKjGMqs6Rs— Ron DeSantis (@GovRonDeSantis) August 19, 2020 Since the governor ordered bars statewide to close again when a spike in cases occurred in July, it is still unknown when those businesses may reopen.Phase 2 also permits museums and libraries to operate normally, with the permission of their local government officials.Sports facilities would also allowed to reopen, and retail stores could go to 100 percent capacity, as long as they maintain social distancing measures.Gov. DeSantis did not elaborate any further on the region’s potentially imminent move to Phase 2.
Should Ghana’s Baba Abdul Rahman go to Chelsea, it would allow Jose Mourinho to use Branislav Ivanovic in the centre of defence when needed next season and move Cesar Azpilicueta out to the right.But German Bundesliga side Augsburg have said they would rather keep rising Ghana international and enjoy winning games with him than sell him for a fee under their 20m euro valuation.The Blues have been heavily linked with the 21-year-old left-back, but are believed to have offered 18m euros for his services, a development that does not interest Augsburg chairman Jonas Hoffman.”We do not need the Baba millions,” he told Bild. “We have a good, solid team here. Augsburg win with a beer in my hand than when we have more money in the bank account.”Rahman is wanted by Chelsea as a replacement for Brazilian star Filipe Luis who is set to return to Spanish side Atletico Madrid after one underwhelming season at Stamford Bridge. –Follow Gary on Twitter: @garyalsmith. Get more updates on Facebook/Twitter with the #JoySports hashtag