Police said Brian K. Bidwell of Glouchester, Virginia was riding southbound on State Route 79. He went off the roadway for an unknown reason and “stuck a ditch.” WINDSOR (WBNG) — New York State Police say one man is dead after a motorcycle crash in Windsor Friday night. Authorities said he was pronounced dead at the scene.
… Steph Curry carried the Warriors to a Game 1 win over the Los Angeles Clippers Saturday evening with his remarkably efficient shooting.He finished with 38 points on just 16 shots and also chipped in 15 rebounds, taking over the game and starting the Warriors off on the right foot in the first-round series.Draymond Green’s improved shooting also buoyed the Warriors during the first half when the Clippers’ bench, but whether he can sustain that level of production remains to be seen.
29 September 2008South African cellular operator Vodacom has launched three new Vodacom Speaking Phones to make cellular communication accessible to people who are blind or partially sighted.“Vodacom is proud to be the first operator in South Africa to increase accessibility to cellular communication products and services in line with our specific needs initiative launched in 2004,” Vodacom Group chief communications officer Dot Field said in a statement earlier this month.Text-to-speech software is loaded onto the Vodacom Speaking Phones that converts the information displayed on the cellphone screen to speech, including text messages and contacts.The software also enables the user to check other information, including battery life and signal strength. Speaking phones are available on Vodacom Contract-, Top Up- and Prepaid packages and are available at participating Vodacom approved outlets.“Vodacom Speaking Phone users will not pay extra for the text-to-speech software as Vodacom has subsidised this cost,” said Field.Specific needsAccording to the statement, the focus of the specific needs initiative was accessibility: access to the company, access to information and access to Vodacom’s products and services for all.Karen Smit, a senior specialist for specific needs and employment equity at Vodacom Group and a disabled Vodacom employee herself, highlighted the need for such products and services within the cellular industry:“We are proud to be the pioneers of this service in South Africa, and on the continent as a whole,” she said. “At Vodacom, accessibility is always top of mind and as a disabled person I understand how important independence, accessibility and mobility is.”Vodacom will also continue to offer the “voice bill” service which allows visually impaired or blind customers access to their itemised billing electronically through reader software on their computers.SAinfo reporter Would you like to use this article in your publicationor on your website?See: Using SAinfo material
18 August 2009 The South African government has reiterated its commitment to ensuring the safety of all visitors and football fans during the 2010 Fifa World Cup. Speaking at the 2010 National Communication Partnership conference in Johannesburg on Monday, Transport Minister Sibusiso Ndebele said the government would pull out all the stops to uphold South Africa’s event security reputation during the 30-day tournament. “The safety of our people and our visitors is non-negotiable,” Ndebele said. “For the past five years the issue of security was perhaps the most consistently voiced issue by the international community. While some of it could be attributed to a fear of the unknown, such concerns must be attended to.” He said South Africa’s law enforcement agencies were constantly improving on their capacity to secure major international events. “Our law enforcement agencies have proven their might to create secure environments during the Confederations Cup and past major events hosted by our country. They will continue to improve on their capacity to deal with incidents of crime, and will be ready to neutralise any potential threat.” National police spokesperson Vish Naidoo told the conference that South Africa’s event security record spoke for itself. “We have our systems in place, and we take the safety of our visitors and locals very seriously,” Naidoo said. Ndebele said the World Cup offered South Africa numerous opportunities, one of which was to forge national cohesion. “The World Cup offers an opportunity for the igniting of passion and national pride amongst South Africans. It calls for the unity of our people regardless of colour or creed because, indeed, working together we can do more,” Ndebele said. “The event also provides us with a chance … to kick-start our way out of the current economic recession.” Source: BuaNews / South Africa 2010
FA Cup When is the FA Cup fifth-round draw? Time, TV info & everything you need to know Last updated 1 year ago 18:10 1/29/18 FacebookTwitterRedditcopy Comments(0) Getty FA Cup Cardiff City v Manchester City Cardiff City Manchester City While all the participants are not yet known, the draw for the next stage is due to take place and Goal brings you everything you need to know There has already been plenty of drama in the 2017-18 FA Cup as the competition moves into the fifth-round stage.The fourth round saw a few upsets, some VAR controversy as well as a few of the bigger names steam-rolling lower league opponents.The ‘magic of the cup’ still exists as some of the Premier League’s biggest names have already been knocked out, including Arsenal and Liverpool. Article continues below Editors’ Picks Lyon treble & England heartbreak: The full story behind Lucy Bronze’s dramatic 2019 Liverpool v Man City is now the league’s biggest rivalry and the bitterness is growing Megan Rapinoe: Born & brilliant in the U.S.A. A Liverpool legend in the making: Behind Virgil van Dijk’s remarkable rise to world’s best player With the fifth-round draw not far away, Goal brings you everything you need to know about it.WHEN IS THE FA CUP FIFTH-ROUND DRAW?The draw for the fifth round of the FA Cup will take place on Monday, January 29.It is set to take place at approximately 19:20 GMT, during the BBC One broadcast of the One Show.When will the FA Cup fifth-round matches take place?Once the draw is made, teams will have a number of weeks to prepare for their respective ties, with games scheduled to take place during the weekend of February 17 and 18. In the third and fourth rounds, the bulk of the games were played on the Saturday of the weekend, but a handful of games were pencilled in for Friday, Sunday and Monday.WHAT TEAMS ARE IN THE FA CUP FIFTH-ROUND DRAW?A total of 16 teams will progress to the fifth round of the competition but at the time of the draw there will be more names in the hat due to the fact that four ties are still undecided.There will be four replays as Tottenham were forced to stage a late comeback against League Two side Newport, while Huddersfield Town could not overpower Championship strugglers Birmingham City.The fourth round sprung some shocks including West Brom’s 3-2 win over Liverpool at Anfield and Wigan knocking out West Ham.Sheffield Wednesday were the first team to book their place in the fifth round thanks to a 3-1 win over Reading, while Yeovil Town were no match for Manchester United, who handed a competitive debut to new signing Alexis Sanchez.FA Cup fifth-round draw numbers: No. Team No. Team 1 West Brom 9 Millwall/Rochdale 2 Leicester City 10 Southampton 3 Huddersfield Town / Birmingham City 11 Brighton 4 Notts County / Swansea City 12 Wigan Athletic 5 Manchester United 13 Hull City 6 Sheffield Wednesday 14 Newport County / Tottenham 7 Manchester City 15 Chelsea 8 Coventry City 16 Sheffield United You can see the full breakdown of the fourth-round results in our comprehensive competition guide here.HOW TO WATCH THE FA CUP FIFTH-ROUND DRAWViewers will have two options if they wish to watch the FA Cup fifth-round draw live.BBC One will broadcast the event on the One Show, while it can also be streamed on BBC iPlayer in the UK.
The Health Ministry’s vector control programme has received a boost with the addition of 14 new vehicles to its fleet, to assist in further controlling the dengue outbreak, which is now on the decline.Speaking at the handing over of the vehicles by the National Health Fund (NHF), at its Marcus Garvey Drive pharmaceutical division, on Friday (January 11), Health Minister, Hon. Dr. Fenton Ferguson, said the vehicles will be particularly helpful in rural areas and hilly terrain, where accessibility for fogging has been challenging.He informed that the $38 million for the vehicles was sourced from an allocation of $111 million that Cabinet decided on, after Hurricane Sandy in October 2012, to deal with the dengue control programme until March 31, 2013. Dr. Ferguson disclosed that from the allocation, some 28 fogging machines were also acquired, with plans for a total of 40 to be purchased.“The expectation is that we will get the additional 20 fogging machines this month,” the Minister noted.Meanwhile, the Health Minister said in the last six weeks, there has been a reduction in the number of new dengue cases. Between January and December 22 last year, there were 5,613 clinically suspected cases; however, there were only 746 laboratory confirmations. Ten persons died from the disease during the period.Dr. Ferguson emphasised that despite the reduction, the ministry will not be letting up on control efforts and continues to appeal to all households and businesses to continue to make every effort to destroy breeding sites. He said the ministry will continue with fogging activities and the removal of breeding sites of the aedes egypti mosquitoes, pointing out that between January and December 2012, and particularly in the month of September, over 2,000 communities were fogged, with repeated fogging in some. “Concurrently, approximately 78,932 premises have been searched and approximately 179,390 containers inspected for mosquito vectors. Some 34,739 were found positive (and) 38,645 containers have been treated,” he outlined informed.The Minister added that some 273 tyre shops, 105 garages and 44 dump sites have been inspected and treatment administered where breeding locations were found.
ADC AUTHOR The former top enlisted Coast Guard member blasted Congress and the Trump administration in a Military.com op-ed, saying he is “ashamed” of the lack of leadership as a partial government shutdown heads into week five, leaving Coast Guard members without pay.Steven Cantrell, the master chief petty officer of the Coast Guard until last year, co-wrote the piece with his former deputy Leilani Cale-Jones.They wrote that they have a “bitter taste” when they see people who are getting paid using the Coast Guard payroll to play politics.“We worry about those young families with special needs, and about the new recruit who will graduate into the service knowing they will stay put until a budget is passed and who may be thinking to themselves that raising their hand to support and defend our Constitution was possibly a mistake.”Coast Guard members have not been paid since the end of the year, which Commandant Adm. Karl Schultz has also spoken out about.Then-Master Chief Petty Officer of the Coast Guard Steven Cantrell at Training Center Yorktown, Va., in January 2018. U.S. Coast Guard photo by Auxiliarist Andrew Winz