Email Monika Matracka has been found guilty of the manslaughter of Michal Rejmer WhatsApp Print First Irish death from Coronavirus Walk in Covid testing available in Limerick from Saturday 10th April Advertisement RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR Murder accused Monika MatrackaTHE Director of Public Prosecutions has been urged to provide Limerick District Court with the directions in the case of a woman accused of the murder of a Polish man in Castletroy on New Year’s Eve last.Monika Matracka (34) with an address at The Pines, Briarfield, Castletroy is charged with murdering with allegedly killing the popular Polish long-distance runner Michal Rejmer at the house they shared on a date between December 30 and 31 last year.Last week at Limerick District Court, Judge Mary Larkin heard that the the case had its difficulties and that the file was complicatedSign up for the weekly Limerick Post newsletter Sign Up Sgt John Moloney told the court that the file had yet to be transmitted to the DPP therefore the directions were not yet available.The court heard from defence solicitor Ted McCarthy that providing an alternative permanent address for the accused was proving difficult and this was in turn impacting on the 34-year-old’s ability to apply for bail.He urged the State to act as expeditiously as possible.Judge Mary Larkin said it was a very serious matter and directions should be obtained as soon as possible and remanded the accused in custody to April 5 [email protected] NewsPolish murder accused remanded in custodyBy Staff Reporter – March 14, 2016 763 Twitter TAGSfeaturedGardaíLimerick District CourtLimerick murderMichal RejmerMonika MatrackaRadom Previous article#video Micky Mean – ‘My Return’Next articleLimerick goes green for St Patrick’s Festival Staff Reporterhttp://www.limerickpost.ie Shannondoc operating but only by appointment Surgeries and clinic cancellations extended No vaccines in Limerick yet Man due in court in connection with Limerick house fire Linkedin Facebook
Photo: Ellison White moe. kicked off their nine-date winter tour in Charleston, South Carolina on Wednesday night, which acts as the final stretch of shows for the jam band in 2018. Their performance at Charleston Music Hall was their first concert in over a month since playing The Fillmore Philadelphia back on October 27th, and also took place almost one year to the day since bassist Rob Derhak announced that he was cancer-free last November. To celebrate the start of their tour and a year’s worth of health for Mr. Derhak, the rock band from Buffalo gave fans in Charleston a 15-song performance over two sets and an encore for what appears to be a strong final push as the year begins to come to a close.moe. opened the night with “White Lightning Turpentine” from their No Guts, No Glory LP before going right into “Happy Hour Hero”. The first set continued with “Angel” and “Captain America”, with the latter going right into “Puebla” and ultimately transitioning into “CalifornIA” and “32 Things” to close out the first set.The second half of the night began and ended with songs from 2012’s What Happened To The LA LA’s as they returned to the stage with “Haze” before going right into “Where Does The Time Go?”. “Not Coming Down” came next followed by a quick rest before then closed out the set with one long second half marathon of “LL3”, “Tubing The River Styx”, and “The Pit” before finally closing out with “Downward Facing Dog”.moe. would return to the stage for a nearly 15-minute performance of “Rebubula”, which remains a late-set favorite for fans of the veteran jam band. Photos from Wednesday night’s show in Charleston can be seen in the gallery below.moe. will continue their end-of-the-year tour tonight (Thursday) with a show at The Plaza Live in Orlando, Florida. In addition to launching their final tour of 2018, the band also announced recently that they’ll be returning to Red Rocks Amphitheatre next May and June for two nights of music with support from Mike Gordon and White Denim. Tickets for the two spring 2019 shows go on sale to the general public starting tomorrow at 10 am MT and can be purchased by clicking here.Setlist: moe. | Charleston Music Hall | Charleston, SC | 11/28/2018Set One: White Lightning Turpentine > Happy Hour Hero, Angel, Captain America >(nh) Puebla > CalifornIA > 32 ThingsSet Two: Haze > Where Does The Time Go?, Not Coming Down > Skrunk, LL3 >(nh) Tubing The River Styx > The Pit > Downward Facing DogEncore: Rebubula Load remaining images
Netherlands’ Ministry of Social Affairs, Lombard Odier Investment Managers, Deutsche Asset Management, Wells Fargo Asset Management, Schroders, Insight, Mercer, London Business School, Origo, Aviva, Better FinanceNetherlands’ Ministry of Social Affairs – The Dutch government has named Wouter Koolmees as minister for social affairs and employment. He replaces Jetta Klijnsma, who has held the position since 2008. He is the financial spokesman for the D66 liberal democratic party, one of four parties making up the newly formed coalition. Tamara van Ark, of prime minister Mark Rutte’s VVD party, has been appointed state secretary for social affairs and employment.Klijnsma was recently nominated as the new Royal Commissioner of the Dutch province of Drenthe.Lombard Odier Investment Managers – The Swiss asset manager has hired Robert Schlichting from Deutsche Asset Management to lead its institutional sales for Germany and Austria. He has worked for a number of asset managers including Neuberger Berman, Schroders, BlackRock, Merrill Lynch Investment Managers and JP Morgan Asset Management. In addition, Lombard Odier has appointed Frank Stefes as head of third-party distribution sales for Germany and Austria. He joined the company in 2010 to oversee business development in the two countries.Wells Fargo Asset Management – Dan Morris is the US manager’s new global head of portfolio solutions within its multi-asset team. In his new role Morris is based in London and reports to Nicolaas Marais, president and head of multi-asset solutions. Morris was previously head of US portfolio solutions at Schroders, where he worked alongside Marais until the latter’s departure in January.Wells Fargo has also hired Martijn De Vree from Insight Investment and Frank Cooke from Mercer . Both report to Morris and are based in London. The team is completed by Jonathon Hobbs, who joined from BlackRock in July and also reports to Morris.London Business School Finance Faculty – The school has named three senior finance figures as executive fellows: Dominic Rossi, global CIO for equities at Fidelity International; Stan Beckers, chair of the AQR Asset Management Institute at London Business School and former member of the board of NN Group; and Tom Gosling, partner in PwC’s executive remuneration practice.“We are delighted that these three highly experienced and respected professionals are joining LBS as Executive Fellows of the Finance Faculty. Their appointment comes at a time when business in general, and finance in particular, is coming under close scrutiny for the role it plays in society,” said Professor Suleyman Basak, joint chair of finance at the business school.Origo – The not-for-profit fintech firm has appointed Anthony Rafferty as managing director. He will take on the role from 1 March 2018, succeeding Paul Pettitt. He is currently head of proposition for Aviva’s consumer platform. Rafferty will officially join Origo on 1 January, while Pettitt is set to depart on 28 February. Origo has been involved in the development of the pensions dashboard in the UK, a concept aimed at displaying all an individual’s savings and pension accounts in one palce.Better Finance – The Brussels-based lobby group has elected Jella Benner-Heinacher as president. She is currently the deputy chief executive of DSW, Germany’s oldest and largest association for private investors. “Working at the European level is certainly one of the most important, but also the most challenging, tasks in the field of investor protection,” she said. “Better Finance has to remain one of the strong voices in the future.”
Iloilo City Fire Station and BFP Regional Office 6 temporarily closed for disinfection. IAN PAUL CORDERO/PN He said over a hundred BFP personnel were exposed to Patient 144. “I am a preparing a complaint,” said Treñas. That same day, Patient 144 cut short her quarantine at the hotel where she was initially taken. She proceeded to the BFP regional office. Treñas said he had to seek help from the Department of Interior and Local Government Region 6 and Police Regional Office 6. The now Patient 144 was taken to the St. Therese-MTCC Hospital, one of the city government’s identified quarantine facilities. * These personnel must submit themselves to contact tracing procedures. Yesterday Mayor Jerry Treñas issued Executive Order No. 91, Series of 2020 placing the two BFP offices under extreme ECQ. BY IME SORNITO and RUBY SILUBRICO ILOILO City – The regional and city offices of the Bureau of Fire Protection (BFP) on Macario Peralta Street here were placed on a three-day extreme enhanced community quarantine (ECQ) beginning yesterday. A personnel of BFP-Iloilo City tested positive for the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19). Where was Patient 144 between 4 p.m. and 9 p.m.? Thus, said the city’s chief executive, he would be filing a complaint against the regional office led by Senior Superintendent Roderick Aguto. It would be submitted to the Western Visayas inter-agency task force on COVID-19 and the national task force./PN * The Iloilo City COVID-19 Task Force shall extract specimens from these personnel for testing. This 26-year-old female personnel, who had a history of travel to Cebu City, was immediately placed on quarantine, said Chief Inspector Melanie Habawel, city fire marshal. According to the mayor, the city government team was given a runaround for hours on Sunday right after the RT-PCR test result was released at around 4 p.m. On June 6, the personnel underwent reverse transcription polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR) test. The result was released just this June 13 around 4 p.m. Substations of the BFP in various districts of the city have been put on alert. For the time being, they would be the ones to respond to fire calls. The three-day extreme ECQ would end on June 20 at 11:59 p.m. unless extended. During this period: After the RT-PCR test result was released on Sunday, June 13, it was when Patient 144 was taken to the St. Therese-MTCC Hospital. * All BFP regional office and city office personnel on active duty from June 9 onward shall be on 14-day quarantine (home or facility-based). * The BFP regional and Iloilo City offices should be decontaminated. But getting the patient to the hospital was not as easy as it seemed, revealed Mayor Treñas. He criticized BFP-6 for not acting soon enough to turn over the patient to the city government team tasked to bring her to the hospital. According to Fire Inspector Mary Angelie Bolocon, public information officer of BFP Region 6, Patient 144 was subjected to both rapid test and RT-PCR on the same day, June 6, but the result of the rapid test was released much earlier, on June 9. It was already around 9 p.m. when BFP was able to produce Patient 144, said Treñas. “For those who have transactions with our office, we could not accommodate you for now,” said Habawel. The fire bureau personnel got stranded in Cebu due to the community quarantine there. She managed to return to Iloilo City only on June 5 and was brought to a downtown hotel for the required 14-day quarantine.