The Guyana Police Force (GPF) has issued a wanted bulletin for the former General Manager of the Ramada Georgetown Princess Hotel, Turkish national Ugur Turetgen, for crimes relating to fraud and immigration violation.The 44-year-old man’s last known address in Guyana is listed as Track B Block Z Providence, East Bank Demerara.Former General Manager of the Ramada Georgetown Princess Hotel, Ugur TuretgenActing Crime Chief, Senior Superintendent Michael Kingston, when contacted by this publication on Thursday, stated that he could not divulge information with respect to Turetgen.However, the Police Force is requesting that anyone with any information that may lead to the apprehension/arrest of Ugur Turetgen to contact the Police on telephone numbers 226-6978, 225-8196, 911 or the nearest Police station.The cops have assured that all information will be treated with the strictest confidence.
Garcia did not have a concealed weapons permit to carry the handgun, which was loaded. Garcia was ineligible for the permit because he had been convicted of several misdemeanor offenses. Before running from police, Garcia dropped several plastic grocery bags containing mostly personal effects like clothing and shoes, police Lt. John Evans said. Freire said investigators hoped a more thorough search of those plastic bags would lead to information on a possible motive for Garcia to run. “We’re hoping that conversations with friends, family and associates will shed some light onto why he was armed,” Frerie said. Police would not verify Monday that a drug deal was taking place at the time of the shooting. They declined to say whether Garcia was in possession of drugs or large amounts of cash. firstname.lastname@example.org (909) 483-8553 160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set! ONTARIO – An Ontario police officer shot and killed a 23-year-old Whittier man late Sunday after police said he brandished a handgun during a foot chase and aimed it toward the officer. Christopher Michael Garcia was shot once in the chest and was pronounced dead by paramedics at the scene. Police received a tip at 10:15p.m. that a drug deal was taking place outside a convenience store at the southwest corner of Fourth Street and Mountain Avenue. Officers arrived shortly after 11 p.m. They approached Garcia because he matched the description provided by the caller of one of the men involved in the reported drug deal. When Garcia saw the officer, he ran west away from police along Fourth Street, police said. The officer chased him, and during the chase Garcia pulled a chrome semi-automatic handgun from his waistband, police said. The officer “felt he was going to be fired upon,” Ontario police Detective Robert Freire said. The officer fired one shot at Garcia, striking him in the chest. Garcia immediately collapsed on the sidewalk. Police did not identify by name the officer who shot Garcia. Police said the officer is a corporal who has worked for the department for 11 years. The officer was placed on administrative leave, a routine practice in officer-involved shootings. Garcia’s death marks the first officer-involved shooting in Ontario since July, which was the only officer-involved shooting in 2006, Freire said. There were two officer-involved shootings in 2005. Police said they are unsure why Garcia ran when confronted. There were no warrants out for his arrest.
4. Aaron Ramsey (Arsenal) – 58.1 miles 10 2. Andrew Surman (Bournemouth) – 59.8 miles 10 10 10 10 10 10 10 9. Cesc Fabregas (Chelsea) – 55.7 miles 8. Mark Noble (West Ham) – 55.9 miles 5. Gareth Barry (Everton) – 57.1 miles 10. Eric Dier (Tottenham) – 55.4 miles 7. Darren Fletcher (West Brom) – 56.1 miles 10 3. Matt Ritchie (Bournemouth) – 59.3 miles Jurgen Klopp loves a hard working player and will be wanting his players to put the miles in for him at Liverpool.Thankfully Opta has revealed the Premier League stars who have covered the most ground through the opening eight games of the season, and one of his men features.Arsenal, Chelsea and Tottenham all have players too and they are unlikely to be the ones you thought.To find out who is top of the pile, click the yellow arrow above, right. 10 6. Etienne Capoue (Watford) – 56.5 miles 1. James Milner (Liverpool) – 62.1 miles
By Scott Wolf Staff Writer As expected, quarterback John David Booty will start for USC against Oregon State. “He’s ready to play,” Coach Pete Carroll said. “I hope a couple weeks off haven’t thrown him out of kilter.” Although many USC fans yearn for the days when offensive coordinator Norm Chow called the plays, Carroll said his original choice for the job was California coach Jeff Tedford. Carroll said he contacted Tedford after getting hired at USC, but was turned down. “Then he went to Cal,” Carroll said. When Teford passed on the job, Carroll immediately turned to Chow, who went on to stay at USC for four memorable seasons. Carroll said he called Chow the first day he was hired at USC. Cornerback U.? USC is ranked 96th in the nation in interceptions, a statistic that rankles the Trojans and especially Carroll, who originally wanted his defenses to be known as Cornerback U. Safety Taylor Mays said he the Trojans’ zone coverages don’t really allow for a lot of interception opportunities. “I haven’t seen a lot of plays where I could say I should have had the ball,” Mays said. “We can’t go out of our way to make these plays.” Baker out Carroll said offensive tackle Sam Baker would not play against Oregon State. Baker would not rule out playing, but Carroll said he did not think it would happen. Freshman Butch Lewis will start again at left tackle. Offensive guard Chilo Rachal did not practice because of a tightness in a calf. Rachal is expected to play. “The trainers were worried about it and wanted to give him an extra day to rest,” Carroll said. Upon further review Carroll spoke with Pacific-10 Conference supervisor of officials David Cutaia again Thursday about the lack of penalties called against USC’s opponents, but once again there was no consensus on the reason. Carroll said he would understand if it were a one-year phenomenon but said it’s happened the past four seasons. Cutaia officiated last year’s USC-Arizona game when the Wildcats committed more penalties than the Trojans. email@example.comWant local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set! AD Quality Auto 360p 720p 1080p Top articles1/5READ MOREGame Center: Chargers at Kansas City Chiefs, Sunday, 10 a.m.Booty said he does not feel like he needs to rescue the Trojans after Carroll said the playbook was restricted with backup Mark Sanchez. “If there’s pressure, it’s been there ever since taking over (for Matt Leinart),” Booty said. “I have confidence in our offense and (offensive coordinator Steve Sarkisian).” But Booty admitted he did not know if he would feel any jitters before the game. “I don’t know, you’ll have to ask me Saturday after the game,” he said. “Sometimes I do, sometimes I don’t. That’s part of the game and why I like it.” 1 that got away
Falcarragh jiving instructor Megan Ruddy has organised a country evening this Thursday for Donegal Hospice in memory of her aunt Winnie McCauley. Winnie McCauley was a much-loved Donegal woman who passed away before Christmas 2016. Through her life, she had a great impact on two communities in Ray, Falcarragh and Aranmore island, where she lived with her husband.Megan and her late aunt WinnieWinnie’s niece Megan, a well-known dancer, has decided to celebrate the memory of Winnie and to bring a community together for some fun and goodwill. She has planned a country-themed fundraiser this Thursday 27th April 9pm in Aras Begley Hall, Falcarragh. Country singer David James will be playing and the Megan Ó’Rodaigh jiving kids will be performing on the night. There will also be a raffle with many excellent prizes up for grabs.A sneak peek at the amazing spot prizes on offerMegan was inspired by her aunt’s great spirit to do something good to give back to the Donegal Hospice. “The reason I wanted to do the fundraiser was because she was cared for so much throughout her illness and everyone who knew Winnie knew she was an amazing person inside and out. Everyone loved her she was just so popular,” Megan told Donegal Woman.Megan and the young jiversFor anyone who cannot make the event on Thursday, you can donate to the hospice through a GoFundMe page – Click here. Donegal teen plans a grand ole event in memory of much-loved aunt was last modified: April 25th, 2017 by Rachel McLaughlinShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:charitydonegal hospiceeventsFalcarraghfundraiser
A DONEGAL campaigner against austerity measures has warned that the Government is about to launch a crackdown on unpaid Household Charges – and introduce new charges in coming weeks.Owen Curran, from the Cloich Cheann Fhaola Can’t Pay Won’t Pay group said septic tank taxes and new household rates will be announced soon.And he has called on the people of Donegal to stand firm in the face of warning letters which, he says, will be sent out over the summer from the Local Government Managers Association. “With the Fiscal Treaty Referendum now behind the Government, ordinary people can expect them to get back to the business of imposing unjust taxes and cuts. Amongst other issues, this means a new launch date for registration of septic tanks, which, according to a government spokesperson is expected to be in mid-June,” said Mr Curran.He said the head of the L.G.M.A has also threatened that ”enforcement” letters will be issued in mid-July against the majority of households boycotting the tax. More than 65% of people in Co Donegal have still not paid that charge.Mr Curran went on: “The government also intend to publish a report on the property tax. The report has no date for it’s publication, except that it would be ”possibly before the recess.”“It is also obvious that the government has no serious plans to tackle un-employment, the biggest social, political and economic crisis we are currently facing. “We call on all citizens concerned about the effects that these unjust taxes will have on themselves and on our local economies, and the lack of effort by the government to tackle the unemployment crisis, to get involved in the campaign against the household, water and septic tank taxes in any way they can. Only by boycotting these taxes and fighting for policies that will enable our economy to grow can we hope to emerge from this economic depression in the years ahead.”The campaigner added: “The future of our society is too important to leave in the hands of failed politicans and bankers, professional wafflers and wannabe politicans who see this crisis as their opportunity. Only by citizens becoming fully involved in political and social affairs can we ever hope to have a hand in shaping our destiny. It is up to us.”DONEGAL CAMPAIGNER WARNS: GOVERNMENT TO LAUNCH CRACKDOWN ON UNPAID CHARGES was last modified: June 5th, 2012 by BrendaShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:DONEGAL CAMPAIGNER WARNS: GOVERNMENT TO LAUNCH CRACKDOWN ON UNPAID CHARGESYOUR LETTERS: GOVERNMENT CRACKDOWN ON UNPAID CHARGES
Cllr. Dessie Larkin makes a presentation to the St. Eunan’s GAA Minor Board during the Sunday Morning Academy.Pictured with Dessie are Sunday Morning Academy co-ordinator Ciaran Maguire and Minor Board Chair Person Pauric Daly. DESSIE SHOWS HIS SUPPORT FOR SUNDAY MORNING ACADEMY was last modified: April 20th, 2014 by John2Share this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:Dessie LarkinletterkennySt Eunan’s GAA club
It’s been a remarkable first year in business for The Shandon Hotel and Spa – and it has just got even better! Management at The Shandon Hotel and Spa have revealed that they’ve been shortlisted for the ‘Global Luxury Hotel and Spa of the Year’.The Shandon have already won Europe’s Luxury Spa and Hotel of the Year. This is just the latest in a long line of national and international recognitions The Shandon has received since officially opening in March, 2016.Its amazing Spa facility had opened six months prior to the hotel opening – and it has already won a string of awards, and has established itself as one of the best Spa retreats in Ireland.General Manager, Carolynne Harrison told Donegal Daily, “We’re absolutely delighted to shortlisted for this prestigious award, it really is just fantastic to receive such global recognition.“When you consider we’re not even a full year in business yet, it makes it extra special, but it’s a testament to the hard work and efforts of all the management and staff at the hotel.” Carolynne, Chanelle Da Silva (Spa & Leisure Manager) and Managing Director Warren Mc Carthy will attend the glitzy awards ceremony in London on Nov 7th.The Luxury Travel Guide will host the annual awards gala at the Radisson Blu Edwardian Bloomsbury Street, London.The event, hosted by television personality, Shane Green, celebrates all winners from around the world over last 12 months and will establish the best of the best.Carolynne added, “It’s just very exciting to be shortlisted, and we’re absolutely over the moon to get this recognition, and even if we don’t win the award, to even make the shortlist is an achievement in itself.”Donegal Hotel shortlisted for ‘Global Luxury Hotel and Spa of the Year’ was last modified: October 27th, 2016 by Mark ForkerShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)
The new free financial management app, Military & Money, by McGraw-Hill and the Better Business Bureau offers users instructional videos, financial calculators, and tips for increasing savings and building budgets on the go. The app’s developers say this new product is ideal for military members and military families because of the strain that comes from a dynamic lifestyle that includes deployments, frequent moves and other demands everyday life places on military families’ financial management.The app is available for free download from iTunes and can be used on the iPhone and iPad.The Military Families Learning Network’s Personal Finance Web Conference Coordinator, Dr. Michael Gutter, took this app for a spin on his iPad and found it offered good key tips. However, the savings plan doesn’t allow users to tie their plan to a goal. Additionally, he found the debt program lacking and wished the app integrated PowerPay.Have you used the Military & Money Financial App? Offer your own review in the comments.Review: Military & Money App by Military Families Learning Network is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License.
Three youths were killed when they were clicking selfies on a railway track, about 2 km from Panipat railway station in Haryana, a senior Government Railway Police official said on Wednesday. They were clicking selfies on the track between Panipat and Babarpur railway stations on the Delhi-Ambala route on Monday evening, he said. The deceased were identified as Sunny, Chaman and Kishan, all relatives, in age group of 18-20 years, GRP (Panipat) Station House Officer M.S. Dabas said. Sunny and Chaman were residents of a colony in Panipat while Kishan belonged to Uttar Pradesh, he said.The three had gone to a park along with another relative Dinesh, from Delhi, who had a miraculous escape. From the park, the four moved on to the railway track located behind it to click selfies, Mr. Dabas said.Miraculous escape “All the four were sitting on a track and on seeing an approaching train jumped towards the other track without realising that Delhi-Kalka passenger train was fast approaching on it,” he said. While three of them were crushed, Dinesh had a miraculous escape as he jumped on the other side of the track, the GRP official said, adding the body parts lay strewn 10-20 metres from the incident site. The mortal remains were handed over to the respective families of the deceased after the post-mortem examinations on Tuesday.