FILe – In this Jan. 24, 2018, file photo, San Antonio Spurs guard Tony Parker (9) shoots between Memphis Grizzlies forward Myke Henry (4) and guard Ben McLemore (23) during the second half of an NBA basketball game, in Memphis, Tenn. Tony Parker’s time in San Antonio is over, after 17 seasons and four NBA championships. A person with knowledge of the negotiations says Parker has agreed to sign a two-year, $10 million deal with the Charlotte Hornets. The person spoke to AP on condition of anonymity Friday, July 6, 2018, because the deal has not been signed.(AP Photo/Brandon Dill, File)Tony Parker’s time in San Antonio is over, after 17 seasons and four NBA championships.A person with knowledge of the negotiations says Parker has agreed to sign a two-year, $10 million deal with the Charlotte Hornets. The person spoke to AP on condition of anonymity Friday because the deal has not been signed.ADVERTISEMENT Parker lost his starting role with the Spurs last season. The move to Charlotte reunites him with former Spurs assistant James Borrego, who became the head coach in Charlotte earlier this offseason.Parker averaged career-lows of 7.7 points and 19.5 minutes last season. The six-time All-Star is the No. 4 all-time scorer in Spurs history and the franchise’s career assists leader.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSGinebra beats Meralco again to capture PBA Governors’ Cup titleSPORTSAfter winning title, time for LA Tenorio to give back to Batangas folkSPORTSTim Cone still willing to coach Gilas but admits decision won’t be ‘simple yes or no’He was part of 137 playoff wins with Spurs coach Gregg Popovich, the second most by any coach and player in NBA history. Popovich and Spurs legend Tim Duncan combined for 157 playoff wins. Parker has also appeared in 17 consecutive postseasons; only Karl Malone and John Stockton’s run of 19 straight playoff trips are longer. Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next Aces sew up playoff bonus Carpio hits red carpet treatment for China Coast Guard PLAY LIST 02:14Carpio hits red carpet treatment for China Coast Guard02:56NCRPO pledges to donate P3.5 million to victims of Taal eruption00:56Heavy rain brings some relief in Australia02:37Calm moments allow Taal folks some respite03:23Negosyo sa Tagaytay City, bagsak sa pag-aalboroto ng Bulkang Taal01:13Christian Standhardinger wins PBA Best Player award Report: Disney dropping the ‘Fox’ from movie studio names Putin’s, Xi’s ruler-for-life moves pose challenges to West Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. View comments LATEST STORIES Lights inside SMX hall flicker as Duterte rants vs Ayala, Pangilinan anew ‘High crimes and misdemeanors’: Trump impeachment trial begins Palace OKs total deployment ban on Kuwait OFWs Volcano watch: Island fissures steaming, lake water receding MOST READ In fight vs corruption, Duterte now points to Ayala, MVP companies as ‘big fish’ Nadine Lustre’s phone stolen in Brazil Trump assembles a made-for-TV impeachment defense team
A 22-year-old man, who admitted to snatching a man’s cellular phone, was jailed for two years when he appeared at the Georgetown Magistrates’ Courts.Oswald Cumberbatch, of Lot 86 Laing Avenue, Georgetown, stood before Magistrate Faith McGusty and admitted to the charge which stated that on July 2, 2019, at Croal Street, Stabroek, Georgetown, while using personal violence, he robbed Ansar Abdul of a cellular phone valued at $120,000 and a phone case valued at $2,000.The prosecution’s case stated that on July 2 at about 08:00h, the Virtual Complainant (VC) was walking along Croal Street, Georgetown, in the vicinity of the Route 40 minibus park, when he was approached by Cumberbatch who pushed him to the ground and relieved him of the articles. The defendant then tried to escape but he was grabbed by the VC and persons in the area. He was handed over to the Police.In plea of mitigation, the man told the Court, “I use to work at the wharf but I get stab up by one of the guys who worked there.” He further said that after receiving the injuries, he was unable to perform any duties like before and was left unemployed.“Is off of hunger and temptation caused me to rob the man, my daughter birthday is tomorrow (Thursday) and I’m very sorry for what I did, I know it’s wrong,” Cumberbatch said in mitigation.Magistrate McGusty, before sentencing the man, told him, “If it had not been for the man who held onto you, then you would’ve gone off singing Hallelujah”. She then sentenced him to two years imprisonment.