Zaha, who has won 12 caps for England Under-21s and two for the senior side, has yet to make his Barclays Premier League debut for the Red Devils and has been linked with a loan move away in the January transfer window. He could line up against Norwich in the Capital One Cup on Tuesday night, though, and Moyes is keen to see him in action. “I just don’t think we have had the right opportunity to get him on as much as would have liked,” Moyes told the United website. “We don’t want to put him in too quickly. We want to make it the right time. “I’ve said I would look at (a loan) in January as I wanted to have him here for six months to see how we work. I told him we would try to get him minutes but the competition in the wide areas we have with Nani, Antonio Valencia, Ashley Young, Adnan Januzaj and even Shinji Kagawa playing off the side means we are as strong there as anywhere. “It’s not that Wilf has done anything wrong, it’s just that we have big competition and we have to try to make sure he gets some playing time. Unfortunately, we haven’t done that with Wilf and, if it’s still the case in January, we would look at it. But he is very much in my plans and in my thoughts all the time.” Also seeking to play his way into the first-team picture is midfielder Darren Fletcher, who made his competitive return on Monday in an under-21 game against Fulham. The 29-year-old Scotland international has played just 13 games since announcing he was taking an extended break from football in November 2011 after being diagnosed with ulcerative colitis. He has since undergone several operations – the last of which took place in January – and been put on a strict dietary regime in a bid to correct his stomach condition and allow him to resume playing duties. Fletcher was finally given the all-clear to return to training last week and on Monday night took the first steps towards a first-team comeback by playing 67 minutes of the 2-2 draw. “I’ve been training for a few weeks now and the next progression is to get some match time. I enjoyed it,” he told MUTV. “The plan was to get to half-time and see how I felt. Then get to 60 minutes and take it from there and, although I felt I could have gone on a bit longer, the plan was not to play more than that so I’m better sticking to the plan and not upsetting the sports science lads.” David Moyes insists Wilfried Zaha is still firmly in his plans at Manchester United. Press Association
Sunday’s County Football Final throws in at half one in Leahy Park in Cashel.Tipp FM will have full live coverage in association with Dolans Supervalu and The Gate House Bar, Cahir. Cahir manager Tom McGlinchey says his team need to keep their focus if they are going to get their hands on the trophy this Sunday. It’s been over a decade since the South-Tipp club have won the O’Dwyer Cup, but they’ll have to dig deep to overcome reigning champs Loughmore-Castleiney. Tom McGlinchy believes a repeat of their semi-final performance will not be enough to secure a win.
Should Ghana’s Baba Abdul Rahman go to Chelsea, it would allow Jose Mourinho to use Branislav Ivanovic in the centre of defence when needed next season and move Cesar Azpilicueta out to the right.But German Bundesliga side Augsburg have said they would rather keep rising Ghana international and enjoy winning games with him than sell him for a fee under their 20m euro valuation.The Blues have been heavily linked with the 21-year-old left-back, but are believed to have offered 18m euros for his services, a development that does not interest Augsburg chairman Jonas Hoffman.”We do not need the Baba millions,” he told Bild. “We have a good, solid team here. Augsburg win with a beer in my hand than when we have more money in the bank account.”Rahman is wanted by Chelsea as a replacement for Brazilian star Filipe Luis who is set to return to Spanish side Atletico Madrid after one underwhelming season at Stamford Bridge. –Follow Gary on Twitter: @garyalsmith. Get more updates on Facebook/Twitter with the #JoySports hashtag
The BC Forest Service is rushing fire crews to the scene of a rapidly growing wildfire burning east of Cranbrook, in the southeast corner of the province. At last word it was still not threatening any homes but it has forced the closure of Highways 93 and 95.The blaze now covers more than 3 square kms just north of Fort Steele and two helicopters and three airtankers are part of the response team.In the meantime, a campfire ban takes effect at noon today in the Squamish Forest District, north of Vancouver. It is being imposed as the fire danger peaks in southern B.C., where ratings are now High to Extreme.- Advertisement -Here in the Prince George Fire Centre there are no open fire or campfire bans but the fire danger ratings are running all the way from Low to High.Among the areas with a high rating is the drought-stricken Peace Region, which has received less than 30% of normal precipitation in the past two months.
If you haven’t visited Fort Dunree recently, now is the time to go! The scenic attraction north of Buncrana has undergone a series of enhancements to add to its offerings. Now, visitors can experience a rich mix of history, wildlife, walks, water sports and the most scenic coffee shop in Ireland!With a rich and varied history which dates back to 1798 Fort Dunree houses a Military Museum, Wildlife Discovery Room and a network of walkways that take advantage of the majestic scenery on view. In recent years more and more people are visiting this national asset particularly with the advent of the Wild Atlantic Way.The popularity of the site has led to the board of Fort Dunree looking at more ways to enhance the visitor product and have embarked on a series of developments to enhance the visitor experience. Following a successful funding application by Donegal County Council the pier at Dunree has recently been redeveloped. The finished product is a magnificent addition to the tourism product at Dunree. Water sports at Fort DunreeAnother exciting development at Fort Dunree was the restoration of the old Boathouse at the pier. With a grant from FLAG a new roof and doors to this wonderful old building and also create a new path connecting it to the pier walkway. This building allows for a fantastic new product on site with Kayaking, Snorkelling and Coasteering now available at Fort Dunree.With funding from REDZ and Donegal County Council Fort Dunree were able to renovate the old coffee shop on site with the aim of increasing the capacity for catering for visitors at the site. The development of an outside seating area in the court yard to the rear of the Café caters for an additional 20 people.This space is used on a year round basis, allowing visitors to avail of “al fresco dining” when appropriate and providing a closed in, comfortable space, when the weather is not suitable. Since June 2017 the Coffee Shop at Fort Dunree has been run by John and Michelle McLaughlin and is called The Coffee Cup at Fort Dunree. The Café now offers visitors a range of food prepared on site which enhances the site’s appeal and justifiably claims to be “The most scenic Coffee Shop in Ireland”!For more information, check out dunree.pro.ie/ and www.facebook.com/fortdunree Exciting redevelopments make Fort Dunree a top water sports attraction was last modified: July 24th, 2018 by Rachel McLaughlinShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:coffee cupFORT DUNREE