“What do you want me to say about him (Balotelli)?” Cellino said on the sidelines of a Lega Serie A assembly on Monday.“That he is black, he is working to clear things up, but he has a lot of difficulties.”Cellino was making a play on the Italian words ‘nero’ which means ‘black’ or ‘gloomy’ and ‘schiarirsi’ to ‘lighten up’ or ‘clear up’.Brescia later said in a statement that Cellino’s comments were “obviously a paradoxical joke, clearly misunderstood, made in an attempt to defuse excessive media exposure and intended to protect the player himself”.Balotelli, who was born in Sicily but adopted and raised just outside Brescia, agreed a three-year deal with the Serie B champions after being released by Marseille last June.But it has been a difficult start to the campaign for the 29-year-old with two goals scored in seven matches.Earlier this month the former Inter Milan, Manchester City and Liverpool striker was also targeted by racist chanting during defeat at Hellas Verona, where he threatened to walk off the pitch.Cellino, meanwhile, said that the striker was not to blame if the team are bottom of the table fighting for top-flight survival.“We cannot think that a player alone will save the squad, that would be wrong for the team,” continued Cellino.“I signed him because he’s 1.90m, he’s an animal and he is still of an age to give something on the football pitch, not on social media.“But he cannot be made the scapegoat for the difficult situation in Brescia. If we continue to talk about Balotelli, we hurt him and we hurt ourselves.”0Shares0000(Visited 24 times, 1 visits today) 0Shares0000Brescia striker Mario Balotelli returned to his hometown team this season. © AFP/File / Marco BertorelloMILAN, Italy, Nov 25 – Brescia president Massimo Cellino came under fire on Monday after he described Mario Balotelli’s difficult situation at the promoted Serie A club as “black”.Balotelli was dropped for Brescia’s 3-0 defeat at Roma on Sunday after clashing with new club coach Fabio Grosso for his lack of commitment during training during the week.
With the Sharks killing a slashing penalty to Barclay Goodrow, called with 9:14 left in the second overtime, Hertl came … LAS VEGAS — Martin Jones had the playoff performance of his life but Tomas Hertl made sure the Sharks’ season didn’t end Sunday.Hertl scored with 8:43 left in the second overtime to give the Sharks a 2-1 win over the Vegas Golden Knights in Game 6 of their first-round playoff series. CLICK HERE if you are having a problem viewing the photos on a mobile device
16 July 2014 The government will establish 12 more dedicated sexual offences courts in the 2014/15 financial year, Justice and Correctional Services Minister Michael Masutha told a media briefing ahead of his department’s budget vote in Parliament in Cape Town on Tuesday. The plan, Masutha said, was to establish 106 sexual offences courts over a period of 10 years, as part of the country’s drive to combat crimes against women and children. The concept of sexual offences courts was introduced in South Africa in 1993, and by the end of 2005 there were 74 sexual offences courts countrywide. The special courts were phased out in the years following because of budget constraints, but were reintroduced in August 2013. Since then, 22 such courts have been established. “Through sexual offences courts, we are able to provide specialised victim-support services, improve the effectiveness of witnesses in the execution of their role in court, reduce the turnaround time in the finalisation of sexual offences matters, and improve the conviction rates,” Masutha said. The courts feature specially trained officials, procedures and equipment to reduce the chance of secondary trauma for victims. There is a proper screening process to identify cases that fall within the sexual offences category; a special room where victims will testify; a private waiting room for adult witnesses; and a private waiting room for child witnesses and victim support services. The courts also include special equipment to enable victims to identify the accused from the testifying room when required to do so, as well as a designated court clerk and a court preparation programme for witnesses to prepare for court and to provide debriefing after they have testified. The Department of Justice and Correctional Services’s chief operating officer, Khotso Dewee, said R100-million had been allocated for the running of the sexual offences courts. On the issue of rights of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and intersex (LGBTI) people, Masutha said his department, together with various Chapter 9 institutions and civil society organisations, had launched the National LGBTI Programme in April, in order to guide the government’s response to the growing victimisation of LGBTI people in the country. Source: SAnews.gov.za
Somdev Devvarman’s opener in the men’s singles at the Commonwealth Games came as a wake-up call for the top seeded Indian player. Though Somdev grasped the match against Bahamas’s Devin Mullings with a 6-4, 6-2 score-line, the initial phases of the match were a bit jittery for him.Not many would have expected that Mullings would be able stand up against the world No. 97 Somdev but the Bahamian had something else in his mind. Mullings took a 4-1 lead within the first 20 minutes of the match. But before things could go worse Somdev regained composure and took away the set 6-4.The next set was an easy affair for Somdev as he took a comfortable 3-1 lead in the first four games and completed the set with a score of 6-2. Somdev’s opponent seemed to be troubled by the hot weather in the last phases of the match as he was seen gasping along with his ground speed becoming slower.After the match Somdev was in full praise of his opponent whom he had played in his college days. “Mullings is a really good player. He hits the ball really hard and also has a quick serve,” Somdev said. “And I think he is a bit deceptive too. He’s better than he looks. You have to really work hard if things are going his way in the match. He’s bound to trouble you.”Talking about his shaky start in the first set Somdev said he was a bit nervous playing his first Commonwealth Games match. “I was little nervous playing my Commonwealth Games match. I was trailing but I am happy that I came back strongly,” said Somdev. He also felt that the court at the RK Khanna Stadium had its part in his performance. “The court is a bit bouncy. I was having a hard time out there to adjust. I think it will take me a little while to adjust to these conditions,” said the 25-year old.advertisementSomdev added that it was his fitness level that stood him in good stead in performing well. “I am regularly working on my fitness with my personal physical trainer. Being at the top of your fitness is really important these days and it helps me winning matches. And I find it really funny when guys at the other end are struggling with the fitness,” said Somdev.Somdev next faces Sri Lanka’s Amresh Jayawickreme, who got past Bermuda’s David Thomas 6-1, 6-2 in the opening round.
Manchester United Who is Ethan Hamilton? Introducing Pogba’s replacement dubbed the ‘next Roy Keane’ Chris Burton Last updated 1 year ago 21:18 2/17/18 FacebookTwitterRedditcopy Comments(0) Getty Manchester United Premier League Huddersfield Town v Manchester United Huddersfield Town FA Cup The Scottish starlet has been drafted into the senior Red Devils fold by Jose Mourinho, with big things expected of the highly-rated midfielder Lofty ambition at Manchester United dictates that big money must be spent on proven international performers to keep the club competitive on domestic and European fronts.There is, however, an expectation at Old Trafford that a proud tradition of youth development will be upheld and a steady stream of home-grown talent fall off the academy conveyor belt into the senior ranks.AdChoices广告Jose Mourinho has, despite concerns to the contrary, sought to embrace that mindset since inheriting the Red Devils reins, with the Portuguese prepared to offer opportunities to those deemed deserving. Article continues below Editors’ Picks Lyon treble & England heartbreak: The full story behind Lucy Bronze’s dramatic 2019 Liverpool v Man City is now the league’s biggest rivalry and the bitterness is growing Megan Rapinoe: Born & brilliant in the U.S.A. A Liverpool legend in the making: Behind Virgil van Dijk’s remarkable rise to world’s best player Ethan Hamilton is the latest youngster to be drafted into the first-team fold, with an untimely illness suffered by Paul Pogba ahead of an FA Cup clash with Huddersfield seeing the Scottish starlet presented with his big break.Who is Ethan Hamilton?Born in Edinburgh on October 18, 1998, Hamilton’s first tentative steps down a footballing path were taken at local boys club Hutchison Vale.Like Darren Fletcher before him, his early potential was noted by United and he was offered the opportunity to join the Old Trafford youth system at the age of 16.John Thorburn, the Red Devils scout who first caught sight of Hamilton back in 2010, told the Scotsman on an aspiring talent: “He’s got a chance, like anyone else, but there’s such a long way to go.“Everybody understands how difficult it is from joining at 16 to getting in the first team. The most important thing for United is that he listens, learns and grows up.“They would just be very keen that he makes a living out of football and becomes a decent human being. That’s why they’ve got in excess of 140 players playing in England’s four divisions.“Very few clubs outside the Premier League don’t have players who have been at United.”What position does Ethan Hamilton play?Hamilton has already earned comparisons to United legend Roy Keane as a midfield enforcer prepared to sit deep and break up play.In the modern era, his game could be compared to that of Nemanja Matic, with his rangy physique seeing him cut from the same cloth as the classy Serb.A keen swimmer and basketball player in his younger years, Hamilton is an athletic presence in the middle of the park who has already seen his composure widely heralded.He is two-footed with a powerful shot in his armoury – much like Matic and Keane – while his versatility means that he is capable of filling in at full-back if required.United have already seen him skipper their U18 side, before being fast-tracked to the reserve set-up, and he will be hoping to make his senior bow before too long – having previously been linked with a loan switch to Glasgow giants Rangers.What number does Ethan Hamilton wear?Having been offered a surprise call-up by Mourinho once Pogba was laid low, Hamilton was handed the No. 48 jersey.Fellow academy graduates Zachary Dearnley and Will Keane have previously filled that shirt, with the latter having gone on to make three first-team appearances before linking up with Hull City on the back of several loan spells.How much potential does Ethan Hamilton have?Hamilton has been included in Scotland youth squads and will hope that further recognition at Old Trafford will eventually lead to senior caps with his country.Ricky Sbragia, who is coach of both the Scotland U19 side and United’s 23 squad, has said of an exciting prospect: “He’s a talent, there’s no doubt about it.“He’s box to box. He’s got a great physique and technically he’s very good. He knows the game. The great thing for me is that he is happy down there. His accommodation is good, he wants to learn, his education has been good. His mother is down there living with him. So in general he’s in a good place.“He’s definitely got a chance at Man United. He’ll be given an opportunity, he’s also played for the under-23s there. When I phoned him and asked him to come to Andorra for the [Scotland] qualifying campaign he was over the moon. I’d seen him four or five times and was hoping he would say yes and was delighted when he did.”Sbragia added: “He said his inspiration is Darren Fletcher and Fletch is everything you want a footballer to be. He came and played for the reserves when I was there and it wasn’t a problem.”He’s a great example and I think he has spoken to him as well when he first came down. If you ever want to model yourself on someone as a pro, it would be Darren.” Check out Goal’s Premier League 2019-20 fantasy football podcast for game tips, debate and rivalries.
zoom Copenhagen-headquartered shipping and logistics company DFDS has held a naming and launching ceremony for the first of its two RoRo freight vessels currently under construction at Flensburger Schiffbau-Gesellschaft in Flensburg.The 210-metre vessel, named Gardenia Seaways, was launched on 17 February, DFDS said.Gardenia Seaways will now be completed alongside the quay in Flensburg where the superstructure will be added. The superstructure has arrived on a barge from Poland and will be finished with fittings, pipework, electrics/electronics, furnishing etc.Once delivered in May 2017, Gardenia Seaways will be added to the Rotterdam – Immingham route.The second vessel in the series is expected to be delivered in September 2017. The freight capacity of each ship is 4,076 lane meters, equal to around 262 trailers.DFDS entered into 5-year bareboat charter agreements for the two vessels with the Siem Group in May 2016. The Danish company also has an option to buy the two vessels.The ships will add around 20 percent more capacity compared to the ships they are expected to replace, according to DFDS.Images and video: DFDS Group
Follow @dfriend on Twitter. David Friend, The Canadian Press New Democrat legislators are calling on the Liberal government to reconsider a decision that denies funding to the National Arts Centre’s Indigenous Theatre.Five NDP members of parliament signed a letter on Friday to Heritage Minister Pablo Rodriguez urging a commitment to stable funding for the Indigenous theatre project, which launches its inaugural season this year.The letter says while the federal government has pledged to protect and promote Indigenous cultures and history, it “must go much further” and that includes acknowledging Indigenous cultures “as a foundational pillar of Canadian culture.”Playwright Kevin Loring, the first-ever artistic director of the NAC’s Indigenous program, posted a note on Facebook earlier this month lamenting a lack of support for the project from Canadian Heritage in the 2019 federal budget.He said it will have a tangible impact on the first season, leaving the Ottawa-based performing arts centre to rely on fundraising efforts. The scope of any subsequent seasons remains in question.The NDP MPs say the new theatre was created as a space for Indigenous people to share their stories “in the heart of our country’s capital for all to see and hear.”“Support for such a vision is key to reconciliation,” the letter added.New Democrat MP Niki Ashton asked the Liberals during question period on Monday why the government isn’t supporting the theatre program. Gary Anandasangaree, parliamentary secretary to Heritage Minister Rodriguez, responded saying the Liberals are working on reconciliation efforts. The first season’s lineup of NAC’s Indigenous Theatre is scheduled to be announced on April 30.
Victoria wants to eliminate public transit fares for everyone in the region as a way to reduce the impacts of climate change.Mayor Lisa Helps will bring a motion to the regional transit commission Monday, asking it to embrace a policy of phasing out user fees and expand bus service to meet an anticipated increase in demand.Coun. Ben Isitt, who introduced the motion that was passed Thursday by council, says it would begin with the elimination of fares for youth under 19 next year and the broader community would be phased in.He says the transit system currently depends on $40 million in annual revenue from fares but is primarily funded through taxation in the form of provincial subsidies, gas taxes and property taxes.He says the proposal would see fares eliminated and the existing taxation formula expanded.The policy is already in place in jurisdictions like Luxembourg and Estonia, while youth ride free in Kingston, Ont.The Canadian Press
WASHINGTON — U.S. businesses hired new workers at a solid pace in November, adding 179,000 jobs, according to a private survey.Payroll processor ADP says last month’s job gains slowed from October’s strong showing of 225,000. Still, November’s hiring is enough to lower the unemployment rate over time.ADP said that job gains were strong in health care, which added 37,000 jobs, and in hotels and restaurants, which gained 26,000. Construction gained 10,000 positions while manufacturing added just 4,000.The report Thursday arrives a day before the government releases its official jobs numbers. Economists forecast that they will show employers added 195,000 jobs, and the unemployment rate will remain at a five-decade low of 3.7 per cent.Christopher Rugaber, The Associated Press
Kolkata: As Trinamool Congress observed Nandigram Divas with solemnity on Thursday, Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee tweeted: “We observe Krishak Divas on March 14 to remember those who had been killed in Nandigram. On this day we give out the Krishak Ratna award. We feel proud about the farmers. The government is committed towards their development.”However, the Krishak Ratna award could not be given this year due to the promulgation of the 2019 Lok Sabha election’s model code of conduct. Also Read – Centuries-old Durga Pujas continue to be hit among revellersIn Contai, state Transport minister Suvendu Adhikari attended a programme organised by East Midnapore District Trinamool Congress to remember those who got killed in Nandigram on March 14, 2007. He garlanded the martyr’s column at Tekhali and Sonachura. The minister also launched campaigns for Sisir Adhikari, contesting from the Contai Lok Sabha seat and Dibyendu Adhikari, contesting from the Tamluk seat. Meanwhile, Paschimbanga Trinamool Madhyamik Sikshak Samity observed Nandigram Day in North Kolkata. Shashi Panja, minister of state for Women and Child Development and Social Welfare took part in the programme. She remembered the sacrifice of the farmers who had been gunned down by the erstwhile CPI(M) government. Also Read – Bengal family worships Muslim girl as Goddess Durga in Kumari PujaThe then state government had decided to acquire land from the farmers to develop a Special Economic Zone (SEZ) for Salim Group of Indonesia. Accordingly, acquisition notice was given to the farmers. In response, the farmers had launched a movement against the state government’s decision. On March 14, 2007, state government officials along with a huge contingent of police had gone to Nandigram to acquire the land of the farmers. When the farmers resisted police opened fire, killing 14 farmers and leaving 50 more injured. Trinamool Congress subsequently took up the cause of the farmers and it marked the beginning of the Left Front’s end in Bengal. People from all walks of life including intellectuals, theatre personalities, poets and others had joined the rallies organised by the party in Kolkata. Mamata Banerjee herself had spearheaded the movement and shook the foundation of CPI(M). The issue had an impact on the entire nation. In 2008 Trinamool Congress fared quite well in the Panchayat elections and bagged East Midnapore and South 24-Parganas Zilla Parishad. In the 2009 Lok Sabha poll, the party improved its performance. In 2010 Trinamool won the election at Kolkata Municipal Corporation and finally dislodged CPI(M) from power in 2011.