0Shares0000Kisumu Governor Anyang Nyong’o hosted Girls Chapa Dimba Na Safaricom champions Plateau Queens.NAIROBI, Kenya, Mar 27 – Chapa Dimba Na Safaricom Girls champions Plateau Queens were on Tuesday hosted for a lunch by Kisumu Governor Anyang’ Nyong’o after their success in the inaugural youth football tournament that took place over the weekend at Bukhungu stadium.The Plateau Queens who represented the Nyanza region defied all the odds to edge out favourites Tartar Girls from West Pokot 4-3 in post-match penalties to be crowned champions, pocket Sh1mn prize and a trip to London for a week-long training and a metorship with the tournament’s brand ambassador Victor Wanyama. “I want to thank the coaches who have natured these girls who have made our Kisumu county proud. We wish you all the best when you go to United Kingdom get the skills so that you can shine in your career,” Nyong’o said.The match had ended 1-1 after Tartar’s late equaliser through Cheyesh Jeniffer who cancelled out an own goal that had sent Plateau ahead in the 66th minute.Plateau goalkeeper, Judith Osimbo won the Golden Glove, Mercy Akinyi scooped the Golden Boot award after netting five goals while Beryl Eshiteku from Plateau was named the Most Valuable Player.Osimbo was the heroine when she saved one kick before a Tar Tar player blazed over as her corresponding counterpart from TarTar rescued one.0Shares0000(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)
Cengiz Under’s goal in the first leg last month ultimately proved crucial for Roma, but Dzeko was the hero on the night and also proved instrumental in Shakhtar defender Ordets being shown a straight red card with 12 minutes left.That sending-off led to tensions spilling over, with Shakhtar’s Facundo Ferreyra picking up a booking for shoving a ballboy over an advertising board.Eusebio Di Francesco’s side are the second Italian team to advance to the quarter-finals after Juventus, with the draw for the last eight taking place on Friday.“The standing ovation is not for me but for everyone, we are deservedly in the quarter-finals,” said Dzeko of the applause which accompanied him off the pitch.“We managed to do something Roma hadn’t in 10 years, so going forward to play against the best makes us all very proud.“We are among the eight best sides in Europe.”Roma did not concede a goal at home in the group stage and hammered Chelsea 3-0 at the Stadio Olimpico, so the home fans in the crowd of 47,693 would have been confident their side could get the job done.The Ukrainians dominated early possession though, and there was a scare for the hosts when Alessandro Florenzi nearly nodded a free-kick into his own net.Ferreyra then came close after Federico Fazio lost the ball just outside his own box, before Roma struck seven minutes into the second half.Kevin Strootman sent Dzeko through as Shakhtar tried without success to play the offside trap, and the Bosnian forward prodded a shot through the legs of goalkeeper Andriy Pyatov and into the net for his fourth goal in the Champions League this season.Dzeko was then brought down by Ordets who got a straight red card for his troubles, making Shakhtar’s task that bit harder.– Roma pounce on mistake –“We knew that sooner or later they would make a mistake and we’d pounce on it,” said Roma coach Di Francesco.“If we face any opponent with this attitude and determination, we can go far.”“Roma made the most of a single moment,” said Shakhtar coach Paulo Fonseca.“Dzeko of course was a key player, but apart from his goal they didn’t have a chance, we had possession. If we had finished off the chances we had in the first leg the match would already have been over.”Roma held on, and after Italy’s shock failure to qualify for the World Cup, their progress to the last eight along with Juventus is a boost for the country.There have not been two Italian clubs in the quarter-finals of the Champions League since 2006/07, when Roma joined eventual winners AC Milan in the last eight.There will also be at least three Italian coaches in the quarter-finals — Di Francesco, Massimiliano Allegri of Juventus and Vincenzo Montella of Sevilla.Di Francesco added: “I spoke with Montella a few days ago and we said we’d meet in the final.”Antonio Conte could make that four with his Chelsea side facing Barcelona on Wednesday.0Shares0000(Visited 2 times, 1 visits today) 0Shares0000Edin Dzeko celebrates after scoring the goal that took Roma through to the Champions League quarter-finals at the expense of Shakhtar Donetsk © AFP / Filippo MONTEFORTEROME, Italy, Mar 14 – Roma reached the Champions League quarter-finals for the first time in 10 years as Edin Dzeko edged them past Shakhtar Donetsk 1-0 at the Stadio Olimpico on Tuesday and allowed the Italians to win the tie on away goals.The Bosnian striker’s 52nd-minute goal proved enough after a 2-1 first-leg loss in Ukraine, with 10-man Shakhtar failing to find the late strike they needed after Ivan Ordets was sent off late on.
Job Vacancy: A well-established pre-school in Letterkenny is seeking a Pre-school Leader for a period of 6 months.The role will run from January – June 2018.Qualifications required:Degree in early Childhood EducationTeacher/Primary LevelOr Equivalent Experience required:3 years experience as required working in early years settingFirst Aid trainedChild Protection trainedKnowledge of Siolta and AistearKnowledge of the childcare regulations for pre-school services.Duties to include:Act as the designated person in chargeEnsure that the Pre-school service is delivered to the highest standard.Hours of work:35 hours per week Monday – Friday (Flexibility may be required)Closing date for applications is Friday 10th November 2017 Applications:To apply, send your applications to email@example.com with PRE-SCHOOL 101 in the subject line.Job Vacancy: Established pre-school requires school leader was last modified: November 2nd, 2017 by Rachel McLaughlinShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:childcareeducationjobsPre-schoolVacancy
COURTS: A man disqualified from driving for TEN years, has been sentenced to four months in prison after being caught yet again behind the wheel while still disqualified.Stephen Orr, 36, from St Johnston appeared at a sitting of Letterkeny District Court in relation to an incident which occurred in Newtoncunningham on March 28th of this year. In 2010, he was disqualified from driving for ten years.The court heard how Garda Elaine Gordon spotted the defendant driving a vehicle and knew he was disqualified from driving.She activated her lights and signalled for Mr Orr to pull the vehicle over, he initially accelerated off, but after a short distance pulled over and exited the vehicle.When quizzed why he had accelerated off, the defendant admitted that he was disqualified from driving.The court heard the staggering amount of driving offences against him, Mr Orr had thirteen previous convictions for dangerous driving.Solicitor for the defendant Patsy Gallagher conceded that his client had an ‘appalling’ record – but said it was due to an emergency that his client got behind the wheel.“My client knows what he did was wrong, and totally accepts that, but the reason he took the car was due to an emergency.“His partner was up in his mother’s house, which was a short distance away from where they lived, their child took sick, and he attempted to go to the house to take the child to the doctors.“It was a short distance, but when he spotted the Gardaí, he sped off initially, but then pulled the vehicle over and admitted straight away he was disqualified.“I’d ask the court to perhaps give this man community service, so he can give back to the state in a positive way, as oppose to going to Castlerea Prison at the expense of the taxpayer.”Judge Paul Kelly said it seemed clear considering the staggering amount of disqualifications and driving convictions he had, that he has no respect for the court’s judgements, as he just continually disregards all directions.He also added that he accelerated when he saw Gardaí and spoke about the litany of previous charges against him.Judge Paul Kelly sentenced Mr Orr to four months in prison and was disqualified from driving for four years.Man caught driving while disqualified sentenced to four months in prison was last modified: July 20th, 2016 by Mark ForkerShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:bancourtsdisqualifieddrivingnewsSentencedStephen Orr
1 Key West Ham target Anthony Modeste has accepted a lucrative deal with Chinese club Tianjin Quanjian.The French hotshot scored 25 goals in 34 outings this term, which has attracted that attention of a number of clubs.Among them is West Ham, who are expected to reinforce their frontline this summer following a disappointing season in front of goal.But it looks as though they should forget about landing Modeste, with mega-rich Quanjian seemingly on the verge of completing a deal.According to German outlet Express, the 29-year-old has accepted a bumper three-year deal with an annual take-home value of around £9million.There is still some hope for the Hammers, however, as Koln are yet to agree on a fee with the Chinese club having rejected their opening £21.75m bid. Anthony Modeste